Sunday, March 14, 2010

English 1020 Blog 7; What if?

What if I was never born? This is a weird thing to think about, but I am sure I would make some difference somewhere. I guess that my family’s lives would be really different. For example, they probably wouldn’t live in the same place, because they wouldn’t need as big of a house as they do now. I am sure there would be many other differences as well.
I don’t think my family’s lives would be the same any, now that I think about it. If my parents had never had me, they may not even be together at all. This would mean that my younger brother and sister would have never been born. This would influence the lives of all three of our friends. My friends would probably be much worse off without the good influence of me. I am sure all of my brother’s and sister’s friends would be different too. All of the people’s lives that we are in contact with every day would be different.
Aside from affecting people locally, I don’t think me not being born would have that big of an impact on the world. I don’t think that at this point in my life I have done enough to make any big difference, and I am okay with that. I am just happy that I would make a difference in the lives of my family. Otherwise, it doesn’t really matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment