Sunday, March 14, 2010

English 1020 Blog 6; What if?

What if time travel was real? I think it would be amazing. It would open up all kinds of possibilities. We could go visit our dead relatives, or go to a famous event and witness it first hand. We could go meet all kinds of famous people and find out if they were really as history remembered them. We could even try to change history for the better.
If I could time travel I would change several events in history. The first would be Hitler. I would kill him at birth. I could save countless lives and probably avoid World War II, at least as we knew it, all together. There would likely be drastic changes to the world as we know it. If World War II was avoided, who knows what life everywhere would be like. The invention of the atomic bombs would likely be delayed several years without the help of the captured German scientists. If Japan was still going super imperial, they would likely have caused a long drawn out war without the atom bombs to stop them.
Aside from changing events, I would go meet several people. First off I would go meet the Founding Fathers of our country. Next I would go meet Einstein and several other famous smart people. I think it would be a really enriching experience to meet all of these people. I could dramatically alter the course of history by giving them some of their ideas earlier that they would have discovered them on their own, or I could even take the ideas back and take credit for myself. I could become super famous by someone else’s work, but I wouldn’t do that because it just isn’t right. Anyways, none of this really matters because time travel is not real.

No comments:

Post a Comment