Saturday, March 13, 2010

English 1020, Blog 5; Maybe

Maybe I will never learn my lesson. Here it is the last legit day of my spring break and I still have a whole lot of work to finish. My part two of my paper for English is at roughly 80%, which I think is pretty good, but I wanted to be finished with it by now. I am slowly realizing how I have shot myself in the foot though.
I don’t have to tell many of you this, but since many people were caught with incorrectly cited or uncited work on their part ones, we were assigned some annotated bibliographies to do over spring break. That was all fine and well until I realized formidable of a task that actually was. Up to this point, I have 23 sources between my part 1 and part 2. This is going to take forever to finish all of these. On top of that, I am following the instructions I was given for them, but I am not sure if I am doing it right or not.
I also realized, today, that the Periodic Table reflection is due on Tuesday also. I thought I had more time than that, from what I gathered in class last Tuesday. I just cannot get into this book. It keeps talking about some family trees, and that stuff bores me to death. I guess I am going to have to do my best and try to get it done.
In addition to all of this, I have not gotten to ANY outside events yet. They all seem to fall on times when I have class. I would have done the hiking one on the weekends, but I have a bad hip (see last blog post for more information). I will get the results of my MRI on Monday. I hope the doctors figured something out.

2 comments:

  1. Just say it, "college sucks and the extra work is bullshit!" I have had the wonderful pleasure of spending my spring break working, being sick, and driving back and forth to the Med. Time is a jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for all the extra work. I hope it will pay off in the end, though. Procrastination is a tough thing to learn to overcome -- it's hard for me even.

    Sorry, too, about your hip. I saw your facebook post about it. That really is a bummer. I hope PT helps.

    ReplyDelete