Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What if; English Blog 8

Blog 8
What if there had never been organized education of any sort? I think the world would definitely be a different place. The human race would be nothing like it is today. Our population would be nothing like it is today, and none of our technologies would exist. I would not want to live in that world.
If the human race had never started formal education, it would still be living in small villages, if that. Any innovation ever was spread by education. For example, if the idea of harnessing fire had never been spread, a wide majority of our technologies wouldn’t have ever been needed. Life as we know it would not exist. Without the spreading of ideas, the human race might not exist at all. We could have failed as a species and been whipped out all together.
Opposite from the impact on us, the Earth would probably be much better off. Without human technologies, everything would still be all natural. None of the forests would have been cleared, and many extinct animal species would likely still be around. If you buy into the whole “we cause Global Warming” deal, then that wouldn’t be happening either. It is sad to say, but I am sure that Earth would be much better off if we didn’t exist or were completely uneducated. Anything good that we do for the Earth if only undoing bad things that we already did.
I am not trying to badmouth the human race. I am part of it and do a great deal of the damage myself. I am just looking at it from my personal point of view. I am really glad that we do have education, and have discovered or invented all of the things that we have. I would not want to be part of a uneducated human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment